Multiply: Starting New Faith Communities
Studies indicate that starting new faith communities is the most effective means of reaching unchurched and dechurched persons with the Good News of Jesus Christ.
To that end, Church Development has the goal of helping the Indiana Conference start over thirty new faith communities by the year 2020. Obviously this will require many people – both lay and clergy – who feel a call to help plant a new church, help multiply a new campus of an existing church, or help daughter a church started by an existing church. It will also require churches to help as well by launching new congregations, campuses, and new churches.
The Church Development team is prepared to help in any case.
Here are just some of the ways that Church Development's Multiplication Team can support you:
- Multiplication Readiness assists in determining and developing the congregation’s readiness to launch, as well as advise on the types of church planting models and strategies that might be most fruitful in your context.
- Leadership Assessment helps individuals discern whether they are the right persons to lead a new faith community effort.
- Coaching provides ongoing support for the project.
- Training creates a forum for idea sharing, goal setting and instruction for both the leader and the launch team.
- Funding Assistance includes potential partnerships through financial grants.
- Prayer Support provides a network of dedicated prayer partners.
Please contact the staff person assigned to your district for assistance with questions, or just for more information.